We’re after talks that cover any topic related to games, of all kinds, by anyone involved with games in any capacity. We’ll ask you to speak for 15-20 minutes, but if you have an existing talk that’s a bit longer then that’s probably fine – just let us know.
Themes we’re particularly interested in right now (with relation to games) are:
- Spectacle (TV Gameshows, Sports & E-sports, Live Games, Attracting Twitch/YouTube Audiences etc.)
- Storytelling (Anything to do with story; games writing, narrative design, emergent stories, voice acting etc.)
- Perspective (This could be about: using perspective for puzzles, how we think about games, 1st vs 3rd person games, camerawork in games etc.)
- LGBTQIA+ (Representation in games, games made by queer creators, LGBTQIA+ gaming communities etc.)
- Literature (The influence of a certain author or work, literary theory, games as literature, or some other angle we haven’t considered.)
- Cults (Spin that however you like…)
- Some aspect of games you’re really passionate about
Game Rats is run on donations, and is not-for-profit. However, we offer all of our speakers a nominal £20 fee, and will cover as much of your travel costs as we can afford to (it’s best to check with us first, just in case).
We can’t promise to accept all proposals, but we will get back to you either way.